Yearbook Groupie – Yearbook resources and guides

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I know not all of us have fancy cameras, but we all have a great camera in our pockets. Here’s a great blog about taking photos with your phone: https://www.picabooyearbooks.com/blog/using-cell-phone-yearbook-photography

Keymaster

One trick I learned and use is to flip my phone upside down to get an angle from the ground up!

Kaylee, you are right, just get the shot with what you have! Our cell phones may or may not be the best but it’s better than nothing. Be sure to wipe off the lens and shoot! I remind my students to stand firmly or against a wall to minimize movement. Tucking the elbows in helps as well as holding your breath while taking the shot. These are from my Film SLR days but they still are great ideas for Cell phones! #shutterbug

Keymaster

Another great tip I learned is that the cameras on our phones have a manual setting, so with a little bit of knowledge and google searches, we can do a pretty good job with adjusting speed and aperture. I’m still trying to remember the difference and always work my angles to get a different viewpoint.

Keymaster

Oops, by work my angles, I mean going to a higher or lower vantage point – not just straight on.

Keymaster

With taking any photos, sometimes it’s about patience and 1000 photos to just get the right 1! In the time of digital you can take a lot of photos and delete the ones that you don’t like, so be patient and take lots of photos, from lots of angles, the right one is in there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top